All You Need to Know About Haryana Shahari Vikas Pradhikaran

Haryana Shahari Vikas Pradhikaran

All You Need to Know About Haryana Shahari Vikas Pradhikaran

In tune with the central government’s ‘Housing for All’ scheme, the government of Haryana has launched the Haryana Shahari Vikas Pradhikaran (HSVP) initiative. Through this entity, the state government aims to make housingaffordable to its people. If you’re interested in finding out all about HSVP, here’s everything you need to know.

What is the Haryana Shahari Vikas Pradhikaran?

Erstwhile known as the Haryana Urban Development Authority, the Haryana Shahari Vikas Pradhikaran (HSVP) is essentially a statutory body that’s tasked with the responsibility of developing cities in the state of Haryana. In addition to that, it is also responsible for making housing more affordable to various sections of the society. In fact, the HSVP offers plots at affordable rates to members satisfying the eligibility criteria. Once these plots are allotted granted to eligible members, they can then use them to construct homes with the help of a home loan.

What are the eligibility criteria for applying for plots under the HSVP scheme?

Here’s a quick look at the criteria for the scheme:

  1. You must be a resident of the state of Haryana.
  2. Your total annual household income should fall within Rs. 3 lakhs. The term ‘household’ here includes husband, wife, and the children.
  3. You must not own any plot or house in your name in the state of Haryana.

You can also apply for a plot under this scheme if you’re a Group D employee of the Government of Haryana.

What are the documents required for applying for the HSVP scheme?

When applying for a plot under the Haryana Shahari Vikas Pradhikaran scheme, you will be required to submit a set of documents along with the application:

  1. A copy of your PAN card for proof of identity
  2. A photocopy of your birth certificate
  3. A copy of your valid income certificate
  4. A copy of your Aadhaar card, Voter’s ID, or driving license for proof of address
  5. A passport sized photograph
  6. A certified copy of the cooperative society’s resolution
  7. A certified copy of the bylaws

What is the procedure to apply for a plot under the HSVP scheme?

Applying for a plot under this scheme is easy and straightforward. You can do it online as well. Here’s a brief look at the procedure:

  1. Visit the official website of HSVP
  2. Search for the HUDA affordable housing scheme application form
  3. Fill the fields in the application form, upload all of the necessary documents, and submit them
  4. You will be asked to pay the application fee. You can either do it online or print a challan and make the payment at the counter of the authorized bank.
  5. Once you’ve made the payment, you will receive an application number for reference purposes

Upon submission of the application, some applicants will be randomly selected. Thesewill be asked to pay 25% of the cost of the plot upfront within a period of 30 days. The remaining 75% of the cost will have to be paid within a period of 180 days from allotment.

Conclusion

Once you are allotted a plot, you can check your home loan eligibility and apply for a home loan. But before that, compare home loan interest rates by different lenders and use a home loan EMI calculator to ascertain your repayment schedule.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *